Sunday, March 26, 2023

A day in the life of Pierre Boulez

Today is Pierre Boulez's birthday. I came across a cache of superb photographs of the great composer and conductor by Roger Pic, from Baden-Baden in 1971, and I'll share the best of them here. These are from Europeana, the great cultural repository of the European Union.







Pierre Boulez would have been quite low down on my list of composers who use a quill pen.







What's Boulez working on? He began work on Eclat - Multiples for 25 Instruments in 1970, publishing various versions over the years, but never finished it to his own satisfaction. This was included in the great Sony set of Complete Works in 1982.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Album Cover Portraits by Lotte Meitner-Graf

I was so impressed when I discovered the portraits of Lotte Meitner-Graf , who made wonderful photographs of artistic and scientific worthie...