Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Portraits by Anthony Barboza

Barboza is a very fine American portrait photographer. ""I try to put some of my perception about each personality in the photograph," he says, "So it’s an image of them, but it’s also how I felt about each individual." These are some of my favourites.


Ron Carter by Anthony Barboza, 1985





Betty Carter by Anthony Barboza, 1976




Derek Walcott by Anthony Barboza, 1977




Gordon Parks by Anthony Barboza, 1980s




Sam Gilliam by Anthony Barboza, 1980




James Baldwin by Anthony Barboza, 1975. Barboza made many portraits of Baldwin; this is my favourite.




Anthony Barboza's shot of Danny Aiello on the set of Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing, 1989.




Max Roach by Anthony Barboza, 1989




Amiri Baraka by Anthony Barboza, 1991




David Lynch by Anthony Barboza, 1989




Betty Carter by Anthony Barboza, 1970s




Branford Marsalis by Anthony Barboza, 1990




Wole Soyinka by Anthony Barboza, 1996




Ornette Coleman by Anthony Barboza, 1985



No comments:

Post a Comment

Album Cover Portraits by Lotte Meitner-Graf

I was so impressed when I discovered the portraits of Lotte Meitner-Graf , who made wonderful photographs of artistic and scientific worthie...