Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Maria Austria


Maria Austria by Paul Huf, c. 1948. 

She's one of my favourite photographers. I've learned so much about her, and her fellow Dutch photographers, from the Maria Austria Instituut, which has a wonderful website. Here are some of my favourite portraits.


James Baldwin by Maria Austria, Amsterdam, 1965



György Ligeti by Maria Austria, 1972



Josephine Baker by Maria Austria, Monte Carlo, 1970



Arthur Rubinstein by Maria Austria, 1952



Peter Pears & Benjamin Britten by Maria Austria, 1948



An outstanding portrait of Willem Sandberg by Maria Austria, 1969



Mstislav Rostropovich by Maria Austria, 1964



No comments:

Post a Comment

Album Cover Portraits by Lotte Meitner-Graf

I was so impressed when I discovered the portraits of Lotte Meitner-Graf , who made wonderful photographs of artistic and scientific worthie...